About Robert Hidey Architects (RHA):
RHA is an award winning, international design firm that works on a diverse range of projects where creativity, quality and innovation are the top priority. Our employees are talented individuals who collaborate on every project to find design solutions that respond to the needs of our clients and their project goals. Each employee works directly with Bob Hidey, who has been recognized as a leader in our industry for the last 30 years. Robert Hidey Architects works in a progressive environment where you will work directly with an experienced team member to promote growth and development.
- RHA offers a Flex Time workweek which gives full-time employees the flexibility to create their own arrival and departure schedule, as long as they are present during RHA’s core hours.
- RHA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Group Life, AD&D coverage, and Long-Term Disability Insurance paid in full by the Company for the employee.?
- Additional benefits include FSA and 401K with match.
- At RHA you are eligible for two weeks of vacation and six days of sick leave per year, seven paid Holidays per year, and half day Fridays.
- RHA employees must represent these Core Values to support our success and company culture.
- RHA values our CLIENTS and believes in the highest level of customer service as well as building relationships.
- RHA values our TEAM and believes in mentorship, growth, and passionate collaboration.
- RHA values INTEGRITY and believes in honesty, accountability and always doing the right thing.
- RHA values EXCELLENCE and believes in setting the industry standard and providing superior design & quality.
- RHA values INNOVATION and believes in creativity, progression and adding value to every project.
Experience and Job Requirements:
- 5+ Years of architectural experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Revit, Adobe Suite, and AutoCAD.
- An architectural degree preferred.
- Familiarity with building codes and research.
- Must have strong skills in producing documents utilizing Revit.
- Must have strong presentation graphic capabilities.
- Working independently 60% of the time and assigned weekly tasks by the SPD.
- Learn and Study RHA’s procedures and standards.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner and according to time allocated for each task.
- Learn RHA’s design philosophy and ask questions to promote growth and gain a better understanding.
- Mentor and train junior staff while reviewing their work and confirming their documents follow office standards.
- Fill out checklists and coordinate with the SPD and Senior Project Designer regarding completeness.
- Communicate effectively and frequently with SPD and other team members to resolve all project related questions.
- Aware of firm-client schedules for the portion of work on which he/she is engaged.
- Create and package files for distribution by the SPD to client and consultants. Account for the quality and accuracy of all work.
- Provide input for resourcing and manpower needs, as well as the time associated to complete a task.
- Participate in project meetings and assist the SPD with all meeting minutes, memoranda, client phone conversation recaps or other notes are distributed.
- Review the contract, clearly understand the deliverables at each phase, and identify out-of-scope requests.
- Understanding of SFD, MF, mixed use, custom, apartments, and low to high density residential design.
- Familiar with different regional architecture and aware of current design trends.
- Generate basic free-hand sketches of floor plans, elevations, and roof plans.
- Accurately block-out floor plans, roof plans and elevations based on Senior Designer or Senior Project Director’s approved sketches using CAD, Photoshop, or manual (hard lined) drafting, under limited supervision.
- Calculate floor areas accurately, under limited supervision.
- Pick up red lines and comments and accurately follow through with revisions, under limited supervision.
- Prepare floor plan drawings for Schematic Design Package that follow RHA standard graphics, such as wall hatches, room names and sizes, furniture, and color if necessary.
- Prepare elevations drawings for Schematic Design Package that follow RHA standard graphics, such as roof texture, design details, shadows, landscape, and color if necessary.
- Prepare roof plan drawings for Schematic Design Package that follow RHA standard graphics with information such as roof pitches, overhang dimensions and color if necessary.
- Assist in developing architectural program, site planning and analysis, if needed, under limited supervision.
- Familiar with RHA detail library and able to provide complete Design Detail References, based on approved schematic design drawings prior to Design Development phase, under limited supervision.
- Familiarity with the building code, while research and studying the building code changes.
- Regular use of AutoCAD. Other software such as Photoshop, Bluebeam and Revit are a plus.
- Format Schematic Design Package with correct sheet size and title block information, sequence, material callouts, and labels. Accurately represent the drawing scale and north arrow.
$36.00 - $42.00 per hour (non-exempt position)
We are currently searching for qualified candidates to join our team. This is a 100% in-office position at our Irvine, CA office.
Please submit resume and portfolio to Careers@RobertHidey.com for consideration.