$86,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
What We Ask
- Have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn to ensure the best possible working environment for all team members.
- Leverage your positive disposition to maintain strong relationships with our clients and consultants.
- Ask questions and be clear in your communication.
- Stay receptive to change as we adjust for resourcing needs – we all wear many hats.
- Be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and meticulously organized.
- Possess a strong work ethic and be dependable.
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of architectural experience in an office setting.
- Consistent work history with strong references.
- Demonstrated proficiency in both Revit and AutoCAD generating technical drawings (CD’s).
- Expertise with building codes and constructability issues.
- Construction Administration experience that includes a strong understanding of structural/MEP systems, and general construction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited school is a plus.
- Experience supporting Merchant Builders/Developers is a plus.
What You'll Do
- Be a point of contact and resource for our clients and consultants – you’ll be an ambassador for RHA.
- Be accountable for the accuracy of the technical drawings prepared by your team while ensuring the team adheres to established project budgets and schedules.
- Assist in the generating of ASR’s and Agreements by providing accurate time estimates.
- Assist with resourcing and assigning team members as needed to meet project milestones - regularly communicate progress to the Principal and/or Senior Project Director.
- Adhere to RHA CAD/Revit standards for Design and Production.
- Be comfortable working independently 80% of the time, coordinating multiple projects and/or team members.
- Accurately produce a set of organized construction documents and details for client and/or consultant distribution.
- Accurately document all correspondence regarding a project between RHA, the Client, and any Consultants.
- Attend, generate, and distribute minutes for project meetings, presentations, framing walks, planning commission hearings, and VE meetings with the client.
- Possess a strong knowledge of both constructability issues and Building Codes.
- Research Building Code items and generate a general code analysis on projects.
- Oversee and mentor the work of junior staff.
- Produce architectural details as needed to convey design intent while adhering to general construction and waterproofing principles.
- Balance RHA design intent with client requests and/or construction, always consulting with lead RHA Designer first.
- Oversee and coordinate the response to Building/Planning Dept. Plan Check comments – ensure submittal documents meet the jurisdictional requirements for completeness and accuracy.
- Respond to RFI’s from the field during construction and issue responses in a timely matter.
- Accurately document revisions to approved sets and issue Bulletins as directed.
- Must be able to work and excel in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing multiple projects with varying deadlines and budgets.
What We Offer
RHA offers a Flex Time workweek which gives full-time employees flexibility to create their own arrival and departure schedule, as long as they are present during RHA’s core hours of 8am to 5pm. RHA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Group Life, AD&D coverage, and Long-Term Disability Insurance paid in full by the Company for the employee. Additional benefits include FSA and 401K with match. At RHA you are eligible for two weeks of vacation and six days of sick leave per year, seven paid Holidays per year, and half day Fridays.
We are currently searching for qualified candidates to join our team. This is a 100% in-office position at our Irvine, CA office.
Please submit resume and portfolio to Careers@RobertHidey.com for consideration